Tuesday 10 December 2013

Eyes Shut Wide


It is not a mistake . . .

'Eyes Wide Shut' is the name of a film that most people probably know.  It was filmed by Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise, and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

'The story, set in and around New York City, when Alice (Nicole Kidman) reveals to Bill (Tom Cruise) that she had contemplated an affair a year earlier. In jealousy and despair, he goes on a night-long adventure, during which he infiltrates a massive masked orgy of an unnamed secret society'.  (Wikipedia) . 

A person on Youtube talked about being a subject to the doing of hidden dark forces of the society, and to me  'Eyes Wide Shut' is nothing but going about our own life not seeing what ought or could be seen, if we simply take the time and open our mind to take things.
                   . 

 

6 months ago I was at a facebook group 'Mind, Body and Soul'.  This group was very popular; moderators hardly coping with the number of people requesting to join or commenting. 

It was fascinating to see how people were eagerly interacting, some about a mind issue and others about a body issue, each busy with whatever business they had in mind, that drove them to be there in first instance.

However, I noticed a woman who spoke half German/ half French offering in the group loans at a very reduced rate.  I thought, hmmm interesting.  May be our Network Marketing leaders got this idea to help their fellow network marketers at the base.

And just like Tom Cruise found himself driven to follow a vision or a call to come to his orgie, I found myself communicating with Giselle to see what this is all about.  She said she is happy to give me a loan, as much as I like, millions are ok, I should just name how much I want, and all went well, until we came to the bright finale, that I need to pay first bank fees for her to be able to get the money and then she will give me the loan.  By the way, I am not inventing the story; I have a copy of our communications saved. 

From the way the conversation went, I felt there were others in the background.  She was just a figure at the forefront.  However, when they ascertained I was not to give any money to them in advance, she vanished from facebook, and a new woman with a different name and photo, speaking French this time, was offering the same.  I prompted her with the question: 'Ou est Giselle?' meaning 'Where is Giselle?' - and this woman vanished from the scene instantly, and I followed suit soon thereafter.

I wonder, of the thousands of people in this Facebook group, how many noticed Giselle?  By the way there were two others who were offering finance in a different way; Giselle was not the only one.  And I wonder if Facebook is having her Eyes Wide Shut.  Under the circumstances, it is us who need to have our Eyes Shut Wide - that is, we need to be vigilant even when we are asleep.

8 comments:

  1. Great article Maggie... true sometimes in difficult times u just want to get out of the situation n that is when people use your vulnerability... I know many people who got their money money vanished...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lin, that's why it is time to raise awareness about the matter, I truly appreciate your comment
      cheers

      Delete
  2. I am happy to hear that you did not lose any money. People like this also need to be reported to FB. Sometimes even if a name is changed their ISP would be the same and they could still track them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideally, you are right - unfortunately, we would not know to whom our reports go and when if they are responded to. More often than not we do not have any response. Apart from that . . . I will put it on a blog tomorrow, as it will be long, talk to you soon. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello Maggie

    Great article, very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, the person who roamed about in facebook group called herself 'Cristelle Nolan' and not Giselle.

    ReplyDelete